Do you want to remove a friend on Snapchat and wonder if they’ll be notified?
Keep reading to learn how someone else can know you’ve unfriended them on Snapchat!
Will someone know if I remove them as friends on Snapchat?
No, if they will not know if you remove someone from Snapchat. But there are ways they can realize you’ve unfriended them. Sometimes, the other person will know immediately that you’ve unfriended them.
At other times, they’ll never know what you did, either because they can’t see the signs or they don’t care enough.
Summary: In this article, I discuss the consequences of unfriending someone on Snapchat and whether they'll be notified. While Snapchat doesn't directly inform someone when you unfriend them, they may eventually figure it out based on changes in their ability to message you, view your Snap Score, or find you on the Snap Map. I also explain the differences between unfriending and blocking on Snapchat, emphasizing that blocking is a more definitive and noticeable action. For more insights and tips about Snapchat and other social media platforms, stay tuned to our guides!
What Happens When You Unfriend on Snapchat?
When you unfriend someone on Snapchat, a few things will take place:
- Your conversation history will disappear
- They won’t be able to send you snaps or messages. They’ll appear as “pending“
- You won’t see them in your inbox or Snap Map
- They keep a copy of the conversation, and they still have you as a friend
- Your Snap Score becomes invisible to them
- They’ll stop seeing your stories and Cameo Selfies if you set your privacy settings right
- When you add the back, you’ll see all the snaps they sent during the timeout
- They’ll see all your “public” content
Based on these factors, the other person will realize you’ve unfriended them sooner or later. When they see that all their messages toward you are “pending“, they’ll realize something is wrong.
Unfriending someone is a conversation breaker and cuts the relationships between two people. They may not be happy that you’ve unfriended them, but it had to be done.
There’s a significant difference between unfriending and blocking someone on Snapchat. Blocking will sever contact with that person permanently.
If you never want to hear from a person on Snapchat, you can block them. This will also delete their copy of the conversation between you two.
Difference Between Blocking and Unfriending on Snapchat
Blocking and unfriending on Snapchat are very different and lead to different results. Here are a few things you should know about blocking on Snapchat:
- The blocked person can’t send you snaps or messages
- They can’t see your stories or Group Charms
- Their copy of the conversation is deleted
- They can’t find you on Snapchat
- They can’t see your public content
- You can’t find them on Snapchat, either
- You won’t see their content and won’t find a trace of their existence on the app
When you block someone on Snapchat, you go down a path of no return, relatively speaking. You can unblock people on Snapchat, but while they’re blocked, all ties are forgotten.
Unlike unfriending, blocking sends a clear message to the other person and is obvious from the beginning that you’ve blocked them.
While Snapchat doesn’t notify the other person that you’ve blocked them, it’ll be super easy for them to figure it out.
To summarize, Snapchat doesn’t notify someone that you’ve unfriended them. However, they’ll find out sooner or later because they won’t be able to send you messages.
They also won’t see your stories or your Snap Score. They can’t find you on the Snap Map either, which further makes it clear you’ve unfriended them.
I hope this guide has helped you understand what unfriending does and whether the other person knows you’ve unfriended them.
Stay tuned to our guides for more informational content about Snapchat and other social media platforms!