Yes, maybe, I don’t know, possibly? Here’s the thing:
- TikTok is one of the most invasive social media apps in the world (it collects a TON of information on its users)
- TikTok may or may not have ties to the Chinese Communist Party (read this article)
- TikTok collects a lot of information without your permission
- They may collect information through your camera
- Over 25 US state governments have banned the use of TikTok on government-issued devices (as of February 4th 2023)
- India and Afghanistan currently have a nationwide ban on TikTok
- TikTok doesn’t exist in China. Instead, they use a more “tame” version of the chaotic debacle that is TikTok
So, you tell me – can TikTok see your drafts? Well, I’d say that “yes“, most likely they can. They may not admit that if you ask them, but there’s every chance they can.
And honestly, that’s to be expected, and not just from TikTok. As long as you’re connected to the internet, someone, somewhere will be able to access your personal data and the “private” content.
Let’s not kid ourselves that anything you do online is actually private. It’s really not…
Can Anyone Else See My TikTok Drafts?
Nope, your drafts are completely private (from other TikTok users at least). No one but you has access to them, so you can relax.
You can even take a public video and transform it into a draft, if you want to make it private. Or just…make the video private (this is a different feature).
Once you make it private, the video stays that way until you decide to publish it again. Or delete it, in which case TikTok retains a copy of the video for some time.
How Can I Protect My Privacy on TikTok?
Protect your privacy from who? Other users or TikTok itself?
If you want to protect your privacy from other users, just make your account private (if you’re only interested in watching videos).
As for protecting your privacy from TikTok, that’s impossible. Even having an account on the platform will “take a toll” on your privacy.
But that’s not exactly a problem with TikTok as it is a thing to be expected from being online, as I mentioned earlier.
I hope I’ve been able to shed some light on whether TikTok can see your drafts or not. Technically, they should be able to. Morally, they shouldn’t do it. Officially, I don’t know.
In the end – maybe, maybe not. Confusing, I know, but that’s how it is with social media.
Leave a comment below if I can help you with anything else!