Private vs. public videos on TikTok? Who can see which, and are your private videos private? We’ll find out more about this in this guide!
In short, private videos aren’t visible to anyone but you, while anyone on TikTok can see public videos.
But there’s more. Keep reading to learn more about private videos and how you can make your videos private on TikTok too!
What Are Private Videos on TikTok?
There’s more to be said about private videos on TikTok. First of all, no one can see them but you. Here are other things you might not know about them:
- They can’t be searched on TikTok
- They won’t appear on the “For You” page
- They won’t appear on your public profile on TikTok
- The likes on your private videos won’t be counted for the total number of likes on your account
With this in mind, you’ll realize that private TikTok videos are as private as can be. No one can see them, find them, like them, or interact with them.
You may wonder what the point of private TikTok videos is. Well, here’s why you might want to make a video private on TikTok:
- You want to ensure that the video looks good before posting it publicly
- You’re currently working on a video idea, and you’ve made a draft-video private for your eyes only
- One of your videos was flagged for inappropriate content, and you decided to make it private
- You realize that one of your videos breaks the ToS, and you make it private before being restricted
Keep reading if you don’t know how to make a TikTok video private!
How Can I Make a TikTok Video Private?
Follow the steps below to make your TikTok video private:
1. Select your video
The first step is selecting the video that you want to make private. Go to your TikTok profile and find the video under the first icon under your Bio.
Once you find it, select it.
2. Tap on the three-dot icon
Once you access the video, find the three-dot icon on the right-hand side menu. Tap on it and move to the next step!
3. Select “Privacy Settings“
Once you tap on the three-dot icon, a new menu will appear at the bottom of the page. You’ll find several options, including “Privacy settings“.
Tap on it and continue!
4. Select “Who can watch this video?“
In the “Privacy settings“, you’ll find the “Who can watch this video?” option at the top of the page. Select it and go to the last step!
5. Select “Only me“
This is it. In the final step, you should choose “Only me” under the “Who can watch this video” menu.
This will make your video private, and no one but you will be able to see it.
To summarize, no one can see your private videos on TikTok. Only you have access to them at any given time.
Unless someone gains access to your TikTok account directly, they won’t be able to find the private video on your profile page.
If you have any questions about this topic, comment below, and I’ll respond as soon as possible. Until then, stay tuned for other articles on TikTok!